Don Bosco Academy in Nalgonda town 110 km away from Hyderabad was started in 2008. It aims to take care of the youth of Nalgonda consisting of two most backward civil districts, Nalgonda and Mahboobnagar and also for the poor and marginalized youth of other districts. The efforts are on to build this new institution with the full fledged infrastructure.
1. A School, Junior College and P.G college along with boarding for boys and girls.
It includes degree and PG College a center for higher education at Nalgonda. As the institution began offering higher education a great need was felt to start a school to reach out to the neighboring villages where quality high school education was a distant dream for many. In 2009, the Don Bosco School commenced, opening the campus from K.G. to P.G education.
The Don Bosco Academy, Nalgonda is recognized by the Government of Andhra Pradesh and affiliated to higher education sector. It follows the directives of the AP Higher Education Council in the matters of classes, syllabus and examinations. Classes are conducted in four groups: MPC, MPCS, BZC, BTZC, B.Com General, B. Com Computers B.A and Microbiology and Bio Technology.
Under PG the following discipline offered: MSC (Organic Chemistry), M.Com (Masters in Commerce), MSW (Masters in Social Work) M.A (Masters in English literature), M.A (Masters in Telugu literature,) MSC (Maths). The courses are approved by the AP Higher Education Council and are affiliated to the Gandhi University. Attached to this academy are Don Bosco High School and DB Tech Programmes.
Don Bosco School:
Typical of our way of functioning, the formation of the Youth centre catering to the needs of the youngsters both within the college and those outside are given importance. This has contributed to a strong youth movement. This starts with the evening youth center for children of the locality and the neighboring schools.
This also forms a sort of propaganda for the college in the locality as children already know the place and are familiar with the style of functioning. Furthermore, parents are assured of a qualitative ambience of growth for their wards.
Activities: Yuva Vikas: Youth Animation Centre,Youth Centre, High School, Hostels for boys and Girls
Empowering the underprivileged youth with qualitative knowledge and practice, and enable them choose a career, and grow into well-integrated persons capable of improving the economic and social settings of their habitat.
2. Drinking Water
The Don Bosco has a Drinking water plant in Nalgonda. As the effect of fluoride is more in that area The Don Bosco provide de-fluoride drinking water to Nalgonda and to 12 near by villages.
3. DB Tech
The Nalgonda Don Bosco also has the formal training and IN formal training being delivered to the school drop outs. They train the youth in their interested domain for 4 months and prepare them for the work place readiness and place them in the job.
4. Scholarships for Students
Along with the hostel facility given to the poor and merit students the Don Bosco also supports them financially to complete their studies and become responsible citizens.
- The School is co-educational. The medium of instruction is English
- The students of our school are mainly from the villages in and around Nalgonda within a radius of 25 km. The other students mainly from economic and education backward families and children of the farmers are also given a hostel facility.
- There are 30 staff members and 10 non teaching staff in the college and 45 staff 20 non teaching staff in the school.
- To build quality into learning for academic excellence.
- To ensure a decent living through a career oriented education for the rural marginalized youth.
- To provide holistic education and form responsible and honest citizens who will be the agents of social transformation.
Don Bosco Nagar
Nalgonda Dist – – 508 004
GOPU Anand Reddy
YERUVA Inna Reddy
MACS (Mutually Aided Cooperative Societies)
- Adarsha MACS
- The Swayamkrushi MACS
- Sneha MACS
- Safe drinking water supply to 10 villages in Nalgonda for one year –Supported by Don Bosco Jugend Dritte Welt, Germany
- Library books and Computers for Don Bosco Academy, Nalgonda– Supported by Don Bosco Mission, Germany
- Furniture for the Nalgonda college — Supported by Don Bosco Jugend Dritte Welt, Germany
- De-Fluoridation of Drinking Water in 12 surrounding villages of Nalgonda– Supported by Don Bosco Mundo, Germany
- Girl’s Hostel expansion in Nalgonda — Supported by Don Bosco Mission, Bonn, Germany
- Construction of Compound wall for the Don Bosco Academy — Supported by Don Bosco Jugend Dritte Welt, Germany
- Animal Husbandry, Nalgonda — Supported by Don Bosco Jugend Dritte Welt, Germany