Dhisha - Year of Starting : 2005
Career guidance and job placements to unemployed rural and marginalized youth.
Who are the Beneficiaries :
Rural and unemployed youth above 15 years from marginalized communities in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and South Odisha.
Brief description of the project :
The primary purpose of guidance is to assist individuals in their exploration of complex issues related to higher education, career path, etc. It is designed to help them make greater sense of their current situation and to build confidence in their ability to compete in the larger society.
- To guide students in choosing their career according to their interest, aptitude and attitude
- To disseminate information about the various types of vocational courses and educational programmes available for different career paths that the students may choose to follow.
- To provide information on various institutions and study centers that can offer these courses under formal and non-formal segments.
- To educate the students on resource and support system available from the government and other private aids
- To offer referral job placements
- To organize a group employment scheme to poor rural youth
- To motivate and guide youngsters to take up self-employment schemes in their own areas