A Brief history:
The diocese of Guntur established a centre at Brahamanakoduru in 1946. On 20 June, 1971 a primary aided school at Mannava was taken by Salesians of Don Bosco.
1.Boarding for Boys and Girls and an English Medium School
The headquarters of the centre at Brahmanakoduru was shifted to P.T. Parru in 1976. Fr. Abraham Panampara took charge in 1983. In 1984 the three story building with ground floor, and first floor as study hall for the children and quarters for the staff was built.
A hostel for the poor boys was started in 1984. They attended the Government schools nearby.
Meanwhile hostel for girls was started in 1986 and it was entrusted to the Franciscan sisters of St. Joseph. An English Medium school was started in 1985. The school eventually was handed over to the sisters and in turn they were asked to look after the boarding girls and also to provide two of their sisters to work in the mission and a sister to look after the health centre .
“We the Salesians of Don Bosco P.T. Parru, envisage a community to provide an integral education to the poor rural children and youth of P.T. Parru Mission.”
- To offer integral education to the rural poor youth.
- To offer career guidance services to the youth of the P.T. Parru mission.
- To empower the women and bring about economic, social transformation in the villages.
2. Tuition Centers
Till 1996 the boarding children were going to the nearby Government school. From 1997 the hostel children are receiving English medium education in the School managed by the sisters. This has enhanced their carrier prospective.
- Taking care of the boys and girls of admitted to the boarding
- Career guidance and Counseling for the youth of the Parish.
- Past Pupils’ units.
- Evening Study for Children in 12 villages
- Village youth animation
- Health centers.
There is a tailoring center opened to reach and support those who are interested in Tailoring.
Guntur – 522 316
MACS (Mutually Aided Cooperative Societies)
- Bosco Dharani MACS –Chebrolu Mandal
- Bosco Janani MACS –Ponnur Mandal
- Bosco Siri MACS –Tsundur Mandal
- Emergency help for the children in Thalapalem, supported by the DonBosco Jugend Dritte Welt, Germany