A Brief history:
St. Michael’s Industrial School was founded in 1947 . The orphanage and the school offered residential training in carpentry and printing to the poor and orphan boys. In 1964, the Institution was taken over by Salesians. Soon, new machinery and equipments (The Allwyn Type Foundry) were added.
1. ITI and Non formal training offered
In 1971 two new wings of the orphanage were constructed.The auto mechanic section was added to the technical school on 16th August, 1977. The institute was recognized by the government 1978. The industrial school was upgraded into an ITI in 1982. The ITI has grown over the years and has the following trades: Carpentry, Motor mechanics, Fitter, Hand composing, General Electronics and computer.Non formal training is offered in the following: Offset printing, DTP, Carpentry, Electronics.
2. Printing Press and Boarding for boys
The Don Bosco Technical School Press has, since its inception in 1964, made giant strides in its technological transitions and advancement. It is reputed to be a dynamic printing and publishing house with the drive of introducing modern and state-of-the art print technology in the industry.
The inauguration and blessing of the new Heidelberg Multi-Colour offset printing Machine SM 74-4 and a renovated Multi-Colour Training Block a Unit of St Michael’s Boys’ Home, was held on the September 7, 2013
3. Navajeevan Center
In 2005 Navajeevan, a rehabilitation unit for the street children was started here.
“Don Bosco Technical School, Guntur envisages a premier institution in which the art of technical skill and all round formation is offered to the most disadvantaged youth to enhance their employment opportunities. Rehabilitation for the street children, Non-formal life skills to the school dropouts to raise their social and economic status to become useful citizens in the coastal districts of Andhra Pradesh are also imparted.”
- To offer latest technical skills to the poor youth.
- To offer referral Job Placement to the trained students.
- To impart entrepreneurship training, vocational training and self-employment skills to the target group.
- To provide non-formal technical and life coping skills to the school dropouts.
- To rehabilitate the street children by providing them with shelter, basic education and technical skills.
Activities & Beneficiaries:
|Non-Formal Technical School||Printing||62 (Boys)21 (Girls)||106|
|Driving School||15 (Per batch)|
|Boarding||130 (Boys)21 (Girls)||151|
Guntur – 522 007
House/ITI — email@example.com; Press — firstname.lastname@example.org; BIRD — email@example.com; Bosco Margam — firstname.lastname@example.org
KOWJU Melchior Raju
MACS (Mutually Aided Cooperative Societies) in and around Guntur
- Kranthi Urban MACS –Guntur Urban
- Nirmal Mahila MACS –Guntur Rural
- The Mother Theresa MACS –Tadikonda Mandal
- Support for the Street contact and drop in center for street children in Guntur, sponsored by Don Bosco Jugend Dritte Welt, Germany
- Printing Machine Vocational training for Marginalized Youth sponsored by Don Bosco Jugend Dritte Welt, Germany for a period of 1 year from